Old 07-02-19, 09:23 AM
Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked 880 Times in 527 Posts
It looks like there are pieces of cellophane where you patched. Why? Did you put the patch on with the cellophane side down and not remove all of it? You are supposed to peel the foil side off and place that against the glued surface. Cellophane (on top) gets peeled off last.

Another recommendation for Rema system. I won't use anything else unless I am forced to.

Originally Posted by cyccommute
Finally, sure tubes can cost less then $5 each. But a patch costs pennies. I could replace a tube every time I get a flat but some of my tubes have up to 30 patches apiece. That $150 vs maybe $15 for 30 patches. And I’ve kept 30 tubes out of the landfill. Carry an extra tube with you, replace it (after carefully checking the tire for any other punctures), and fix the puncture at home.
Couldn't agree more. Emphasis added. There is no down-side to patching a tube. The 10 minutes of time to patch is used up and then some in the shopping for new tubes. Then again, I guess the additional labor may be onerous for some. Properly patched tubes can last for decades. Discarded tubes will last for centuries in the landfills.
Likes For Moe Zhoost: