View Single Post
Old 05-12-18, 02:36 AM
VintageRide

Bikes: 1970 Gitane TDF; 1985 Norco Magnum GT ; 2013 Rawland Stag ; 1981 Fuji 650b; Early '80's Kuwahara Cascade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 55 Posts
Modern "Classic" shoes

After searching for a casual or touring shoe that has a sleek Classic style I found the William Lennon " Aturo" , Magliamo's "Strada" and a pair on Ebay handmade in Serbia at 115.00 U.S. plus shipping. Surprised that shipping the Aturo shoes would cost 43 Pounds, just a bit steep! All have real leather uppers with an appropriatly stiff sole for riding - in my case I use a MKS Sylvan Touring pedal with no toe clips so grip is important. It appears the Strada might just fit the bill with what appears to be free shipping from Belgium where they are based.

I am aware of other shoes such as REW Reynolds, Quoc Pham and Dromarti but are more than I want or will pay - budget and all that.

Here is a link to the Magliamo site: https://www.magliamo.be/boutique/cyc...-cycling-shoe/

Anyone else have difficulty finding an appropriate shoe - especially when riding in knickers and wanting to look somewhat stylish?

Last edited by VintageRide; 05-12-18 at 02:51 AM.