View Single Post
Old 09-16-18, 11:21 PM
Wilmingtech

Bikes: 2013 Ridley Helium, 2017 Blue Pro-Secco EX, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 73 Posts
Back at it today. Finished dialing in the front and rear derailleur's. Tore apart the headset. If you havent already, I suggest taking your headset apart. The bearings are all sealed which is good but everything was completely dry. Not one drop of grease anywhere.

Sealed bearings with no grease

Clean, Dry headset

Carbon layup inside the headtube

After getting the drivetrain and headset dialed in, I moved on to the tires. This brought me to a standstill. One of the tires that came on the bike (hutchinson nitro 2) was split.

No worries as I had bought vittoria terrenos to replace them. But I couldnt get the vittorias on the rim to save my life. It took me and my wife both pulling on the tire with levers to get it on the rim. Then after getting the tire on I found that the tube was flat. So off again, on again. Then I somehow managed to flatten the second tube while putting the tire on. Pinched it at some point. I checked the tubes for the other wheel before putting the ture on and of course that had a hole as well (both tubes on this bike were shipped with holes in them) Then on the fourth try a tire lever snapped.

After 2 hours of battling tires, I gave up. I ordered 4 more tubes, 4 more levers and some more patches. Will have levers on tuesday from Amazon.

Some day Ill get to ride this bike....

-Sean

Last edited by Wilmingtech; 09-16-18 at 11:47 PM.