View Single Post
Old 01-15-19, 10:41 AM
eatontkd

Bikes: 1984 Cannondale road w/ MANY upgrades, 2017 Trek Fx7.5 Hybrid, 1953 Rudge "work-in-progress", a 1956 Hercules "Royal Prince", and an unknown year, unknown frame lot's a fun single-speed!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 58 Posts
Thanks for the shout out Biker395!

Tests and Doctors have confirmed I have a hole in my heart. It's been there since birth and never closed like it should have in a, ah, normal person. According to my PC, strokes are not uncommon with this condition. So, there's a "surgical procedure" in my future to have it corrected. This should take care of the issue and, hopefully, NO MORE STROKES! I'm actually rather relieved to know that it wasn't stress that brought this on, but rather a physical condition. I haven't yet met with my Surgeon so I have no date as to when this will be done. As a side bar; every doc comments how young I am to have had this happen... Not sure I should be happy that they think I'm "young" or bummed that it occurred so soon!

I've been allowed back on the road again and am looking forward to getting back to work with some restraint. Health care bills are mounting !!