View Single Post
Old 01-22-19, 11:37 AM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Another over-the-top, outside-the-box, "perfect" scheme for those who over think the requirements for living car free can be found at: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/01...s-to-recharge/

And better yet - "Uber is looking to hire people to help it develop autonomous scooter and bike technology". Sounds like a golden opportunity for critical thinkers of the BF-LCF persuasion.
It is a rare day when I wish bad luck on a company or idea. I am not a big fan of electric bike or scooter rental companies. To know they are suffering bad enough to consider autonomous SCOOTERS will make my day.

Just to be clear, I am not against bike share in general. I enjoy that service in my city where pedal-only bikes are available all over the place. I just don't see how the motorized share companies can make a profit. The bikes are expensive, maintaining them is an expensive nightmare, and keeping them charged takes an army of people. I guess if a robot can take my order at McDonalds then electric bikes can find their own way home too. Humans are even more expensive to maintain.