View Single Post
Old 01-23-11, 07:47 PM
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Crater lake rides and other things

My wife and I are considering a vacation to crater lake in the future and I would like to know some good inexpensive (relatively) accomadations in the area and also how the roads around crater lake are. Are they very high traffic volume and super high climbs and are they very narrow. My wife is a pretty timid rider on the road and if its too freaky I'm never gonna get her to go. On the other hand what are some of the other recreational opportunities in the area. I'm thinking there should be some good hiking and also boating. Are there boat tours on the lake itself. I guess I'm asking for a rundown of interesting fun things to do in the area. We are not opposed to staying out of the immediate area to save on lodging either. Thanks for any info.