View Single Post
Old 09-02-23, 10:03 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 1,776 Times in 901 Posts
Saturday, took the Sam Hillborne and rode East.

This was the customary hills-and-traffic drill through the paved portions of the Fells Escarpment. The hills and traffic seemed a little more entangled than usual, but on a couple of occasions this led to my catching a break and getting an empty street for several blocks. Other times, the bulls were running. I kept a brisk pace, and learned a little more about felicitous shifts for the Sam. Between the frame and the 38mm Barlow Pass Extralights, the Sam rolled gracefully over pretty much whatever rough pavement it was presented with, at speed. I've started to trust it will do that.

Today's ride was pretty much all ride and no photography, with the exception of this turkey, encountered on the crest of the hill on High Street, Medford. It was making short work of some roadside weeds that had gone to seed.

As soon as I put the phone back in my pocket, five more turkeys walked across the street to join it, snarling traffic in the process. On such a beautiful day for a ride, it's hard to begrudge a few turkeys their snack.

rod
Likes For rholland1951: