Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Our street is sandwiched between a highway and the esplanade. It's fairly quiet, and we can reach cycleways in just about any direction. The closest is about 50 metres away.

We are on top of a hill, so no matter where we go for a ride, there's a climb at the end.

I don't think I've got a photo of the street right out in front of our place, but this is just down the road a little way, with the cycleway along side the road ...

I just wish there was more of it ... more of our quiet road, more of the cycleway ...

[HR][/HR]

Prior to this, I've lived in many different places. A very rural location, several small towns, mid-sized towns, and cities. I've moved a lot!

In answer to this: "I'm just wondering what features would make different streets you lived on more liveable." I'll mention a couple of the features I've liked where I've lived:

1) Quick access to the country. Since I've been cycling "seriously", every place I've lived (with the possible exception of where we live now) I've had very quick access to open country roads.

2) Wide roads and/or roads with shoulders ... roads with room for both vehicles and bicycles.