View Single Post
Old 10-25-22, 01:29 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18475 Post(s)
Liked 15,749 Times in 7,403 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Good luck with it! I am very happily retired. I volunteer in the community, help my wife's organization (pro bono), our house is now consistently clean and other chores are easily covered, I ride 7k-8k miles per year, and I hit the local brewery taproom every Friday afternoon. It's a great life.

Oh, and on-point with this thread topic: given the reduced time constraints, it's easier than ever for me to ride around town on my SS commuter bike. It always makes me feel good to use the bike instead of a car.
I took last Friday off before my overnight bike trip. Had nothing pressing to do but take the cat to get his nails clipped. It was so relaxing. Rode to my favorite local market then grilled dinner in the late afternoon. It was so relaxing.

One thing that is pushing me over the edge is the looming reality that in a few weeks I am going to have to start driving about 17 miles to work each way every day because we are closing our office that is 2 miles from my house. I am currently going to that office twice/week. I have considered riding, but there is a choke point that makes it really unsafe. Years ago, I used to ride over there, but we moved to a slightly different location. The last couple of miles are really bike-unfriendly. I may still change my mind. My car, which I bought new in early July of 2016, has only about 18,300 miles on it.
Likes For indyfabz: