View Single Post
Old 04-06-20, 08:22 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3361 Post(s)
Liked 3,638 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by kissTheApex
I was able to set this one just so that the it starts to break with a little movement of the volume on the guitar . Most of the time, I just run it as is, but it also does great with an mxr 78 custom badass when I want something more..
Overall, my clean channel is just that, I don't really like how the VK breaks up so I don't push it. If I want a little bit of crunch I run a ProCo Rat sitting right on the edge of it's distortion. I've also got a MXR 78 in front of that that sounds nice driving the Rat

I was lucky to snag a boss GT-10 for $125 when Best Buy was going out of musical instrument business, and from time to time I set it up, but there are so many stuff that I don’t need on it that I thought of selling it every once in a while. Probably would feel the same way you for the ac4 if I did.
Every once in a while I think about picking up something along the lines of a Fractal AXE or something similar, but I think I would probably get lost in endlessly changing things around until it just sounds really terrible