View Single Post
Old 05-28-20, 06:47 AM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Learning the Campagnolo secret handshake

Got a great deal on a Veloce 9 speed equipped bike. Decided to sell the frame and switch the Veloce over to my Sante equipped 1988 Miyata Twelve Hundred. Also found a good deal on a campy wheelset. So far so good. Yesterday I was switching everything over. Cassette cogs and spacer slid perfectly onto the hub, but the lock ring is too small in diameter to engage the threads on the hub. After a bit of reading I now understand that campy has three lock ring sizes. Before I invest in another lock ring -- yes, it is an investment. Shimano and Sram lock rings come in bags of a dozen for $1, but for some unknown reason campy lock rings are more expensive than most bikes on Craigslist -- I'd like to know a little more. Can anyone explain to me what I'm looking for or direct me to a resource that does more than just allude to the reality that there are three different sizes? Thanks!