View Single Post
Old 05-29-20, 09:56 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Originally Posted by revcp
Got a great deal on a Veloce 9 speed equipped bike. Decided to sell the frame and switch the Veloce over to my Sante equipped 1988 Miyata Twelve Hundred. Also found a good deal on a campy wheelset. So far so good. Yesterday I was switching everything over. Cassette cogs and spacer slid perfectly onto the hub, but the lock ring is too small in diameter to engage the threads on the hub. After a bit of reading I now understand that campy has three lock ring sizes. Before I invest in another lock ring -- yes, it is an investment. Shimano and Sram lock rings come in bags of a dozen for $1, but for some unknown reason campy lock rings are more expensive than most bikes on Craigslist -- I'd like to know a little more. Can anyone explain to me what I'm looking for or direct me to a resource that does more than just allude to the reality that there are three different sizes? Thanks!
Santé you say...probably don't want any of that old crappy crap, probably should just sent it too me. It is hard to learn the campy handshake when you have nasty old crap cluttering everything up ; )