View Single Post
Old 08-14-20, 03:05 PM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,678 Times in 827 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
My usual park trail takes me through a short tunnel under a highway. When I emerged from the tunnel, there was an unleashed beagle running around. It started chasing me so I slowed down. Its owner wasn't too far away and yelled at the dog but it wouldn't listen. Then, I decided instead of stopping to argue with the owner about this park being a leashed area, I proceeded to ride along. I rode just slowly enough to taunt the dog in chasing me but fast enough so that the owner couldn't stop me, slowing down and looking back often enough for the dog to catch up. I must have lead the dog on for about 150 m before it gave up. Too bad, I sort of wanted to lead the dog straight out of the park and tie it to the "dogs-on-leash" sign at the entrance, to teach the owner a lesson. But you know, people don't learn lessons.
While I sympathize with you, and think your end game would be poetic justice, I also agree with you that people don't learn. What's more, the owner probably would view you as a dog-napper, and if they were prone towards violence, armed or both, things would not end well for you.

However, I have to admit, your post made me smile.
Likes For BobbyG: