CaptCranky
"newer" member

Bikes: '16 Velo Orange Pass Hunter, '95 Gary Fisher MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Bushnell touring tandem

My wife and I have decided to sell our Bushnell touring tandem. After owning it for a bit over 10 years, we've ridden it a total of maybe 5 times, and future prospects look poor. She runs a small business with crazy-long hours and is no longer comfortable biking on the road. The previous owners barely rode it, either. And from the looks of it, neither did the owners before them. It’s a touring frame, and there’s no evidence anyone ever mounted a rack on it, let alone loaded it up for a long-haul tour.

It’s been hanging indoors for the past 10 years, except for when it went outside for photos.

A few highlights: welded construction, seat tubes (center to top) 56.5 cm captain and 53.5 cm stoker, Ritchey rear dropouts, 40-spoke 700C wheels with White Industries hubs and Mavic rims, Ultegra 6510 3x9 brifters driving a Deore XT rear and Ultegra triple front derailleurs and Avid Single-Digit 7 brakes (via Travel Agents), Race Face cranks and chain rings, Terry titanium-rail saddles, unicrown fork with mid-fork rack bosses, Arai drum brake controlled by the stoker. The brifters are connected to a Shimano-branded Flight Deck computer that displays gear selections, etc. The computer, pump, tool carrier, and Lezyne Road Morph pump will be included in the sale.

Known damage: Bar-end dent in captain’s top tube, left side. Small chip through paint on down tube, near head tube, right side. Chipping/scuffing on brifter caps. Tear in bar wrap on stoker’s right side, mended with electrical tape.

Also available:
Rocky Mounts TandemMount R4. This is a telescoping rail-type carrier designed for Thule or Yakima crossbars. It has a swiveling fork-mount, and a tray and strap for the rear wheel. (instructions included) On the RockyMounts site, it is listed as sold out and priced at $450. With the bike, $200. (https://www.rockymounts.com/products/tandem-mount-r4 )

Harken Hoister 2-point lift for hanging the tandem (Model 7807, max load 60 lbs). Includes all pulleys, ropes, straps, screw-eyes, pigtail lag screws, and the block and tackle. (instructions included) On the www.hoister.com website, they no longer list a 2-point lifter like this. The similarly rated 4-point lifter is priced at $125, and I think we paid about $110. With the bike, $75.

The Albany, NY, craigslist ad is here: albany.craigslist.org/bik/d/bushnell-touring-tandem/6674031002.html

Additional photos and a PDF document with more details can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...VFpOEd3Wkw5aXM

I've listed it at $1200 on CL, but offer it to you for $1000. Local pickup would be preferred. I'd also be happy to negotiate delivery within about 100 miles of Albany, or work with a local bike shop for shipping at buyer's expense.