Old 07-25-20, 10:53 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
There is always, dare I say it... modern steel? Stinner and Cicli Barco set my heart aflutter more than the Caledonia or Emonda or Tarmac or whatever, and I can get them with my preferred measurements for the same damn price. Maybe for next year.
Originally Posted by abshipp
Yes, a modern steel bike is definitely something I'm looking in to. I actually just looked into the Smoothie that you mentioned a while ago, the 60cm size would be very comparable to my Trek fit right now, and that light blue is so pretty. Limiting myself to 28mm tires max is something I would have to think about, though. The bigger question would be whether to go disc or not, I actually really like the idea of something like the VO Pass Hunter or the Crust Bikes Lightning Bolt, they would both work really well fit-wise and are both disc brake thru axle framesets. The stock fork on the VO is unbelievably fugly though, so that would need to change.
Modern steel is really cool... but I think that coming from vintage steel and being curious about completely modern, it might end up feeling like a half measure. Don't half-ass it - whole-ass it.