Thread: Addiction LXXIX
View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 12:07 PM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3361 Post(s)
Liked 3,638 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Around here, it's two things. First is that a lot of the roads need maintenance. Broken asphalt surface is bad enough, but then there are the places where a part has come up and you have a pothole. Second is that when they DO resurface the road, it's often rougher than it was before. The surface reminds me of that 'textured' plaster they used to do on top of sheet rock back in the 70s and 80s. It causes constant buzz through the tires, frame and bars, and you find yourself desperately seeking the smoothest line. Over a few years, it all smooths out as tires sweep over it.

Then they resurface again.
If a road is getting resurfaced around here it's typically blacktop. One of my regular routes has a couple of miles that were recently resurfaced and it's smooth as silk

Originally Posted by seedsbelize
By the looks of things, general deterioration of infrastructure is in the future. With four more years, Mexico could give the US a run for the money in that department. Our traffic load is a tiny proportion if yours.
Yep, everything's crumbling. I'm glad I don't live below a dam.

Originally Posted by seedsbelize
And, for all of you who are wondering, I've gotten the ball rolling toward registering to vote. First time in 30 years.