Old 10-22-20, 10:13 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 942 Times in 504 Posts
No driver or hunter scares for me, but there was this...

Riding through a quiet section of my commute in the dark early one October morning, I noticed another rider ahead with an unusual looking head light. So I sped up to catch him for a better look. As I got closer I could see he was an older gentleman on an English 3 speed, dressed in plaid with a smart cap and scarf around his neck trailing behind. His lights gave a nice glow all around the bike so I figured I'd ask about them.

As as pulled alongside I said "Good Morning!" There was no reply. I followed up with "I ride this route several days a week, how about you?" Still no reply, he never even looked my way! Figuring he obviously had no interest in any conversation, I thought it best to be on my way, so I sped ahead. When checking my mirror only a few seconds later, he was no longer there. Seemingly just vanished. Very odd, considering we hadn't passed any crossroads or driveways. Suddenly, the silence and eerie lights made sense. We had just passed the cemetery and it was Halloween morning!
Likes For AlmostTrick: