Old 01-03-20, 12:47 PM
Tamiya

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Bushfire has burnt 15,000,000 acres so far

Originally Posted by smoore
I wonder if anyone is working on some way to fight these fires that seem to be getting much more common? I have no idea what that would be, but some chemical, a new way to disburse water and chemicals, using a bomb to suck up all the oxygen? Hey I'm not a scientist...but problems eventually spawn solutions. I hope.
its a big fight against Mother Nature

CFA already doing aerial bombing with aircraft ranging from little single engine cropdusters to a pair of 737s!! They pickup water from ponds & dams and add fire ******ant.

trouble is, we haven't had any decent rain for months (some areas drought for years) and everything is dry as tinder. Humidity is down to 10%!!

Native flora is also naturally waxy, eg gumtrees eucalyptus. In the heatwave they will gas off a volatile vapour... and this is what burns fast & runs ahead even faster... 30km/hr. Giant fireballs 500m across.

In recent years councils have supposedly stopped backburning under some new greenie initiative. So there's huge buildup of fuel on the ground just ready to catch fire.

It's the Perfect Storm.