View Single Post
Old 02-13-17, 01:08 PM
99Klein 

Bikes: 99 Klein Quantum, 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 5, Specialized Tarmac Comp, Foundry Thresher, Fuji Sportif

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cycledogg
I understand that. I never said that I would expect ANY wheel to last a life time. I was under the impression that when you stated the wheels were cheap enough that you could buy a set every year, that if they did fail, it would be no real expense to just buy another set. My point is that I would invest in a wheel set that would last longer than a year, and not take the chance that one would fail within a years time, knowing that the cost would be so little I could afford to buy another within that years time. Perhaps I did misunderstand your statement.
Healthcare is WAY too expensive for that, and cycling is dangerous without taking any unnecessary risks. I am VERY hard on wheels, there is only a handful that I've gotten more than a year out. To spend $2k+ for wheels I don't expect to last any longer than top of the line aluminum wheels is insane. I have other places to put that money