Thread: 2019 Goals
View Single Post
Old 10-28-18, 12:38 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Not sure yet, I’m still wavering on how invested I want to remain in bike racing.

But for now:
1. Train for, and compete in, the National Senior Games TTs. I’m not going to set any performance goals yet because the distances are short (5 & 10k) which does not play to my strengths. No idea what’s realistic but I think it will be interesting to train for and different for me. So we’ll see.
2. Race a local TT series, with both 20 and 40k TTs. I’ll try to win the series but in a low key way. This runs Oct through Mar.
3. Maybe race the Fiesta Island TT Series for 2019. It will depend on the dates, which will come out in Dec.
4. Improve MTB skills, which will probably entail attending another Trek Dirt Series clinic next summer.
5. I might race the State TT but only if the date gets published early and doesn’t get moved around.

I’ll probably organize my year similar to this year: TT focus Sept/Oct through June, followed by a summer of riding the heck out of my mountain bike.