Old 02-16-19, 03:52 PM
suncruiser

Bikes: 2015 Trek District 8, 2017 Salsa Vaya Claris, 2012 SE Draft

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
Take your time going car lite, like I said it's not a race. You'll know what fits and when. And nothing is better than getting your kids started on biking from an early age. My son, now 31, has never owned a car and rides 50 miles a day minimum on weekends and 20 every night after work, has 2 bikes in his apartment. I used to ride with him til I got too slow, haha. As for the HAD, I'm a big Bike Friday fan (I own some) but I totally get the aesthetics part. Funny how I never had that "car love" so many people do have, but I can lust after bicycles, lol.
I think I'll start with commuting every day once we move, the commute home takes too long at the moment to feasibly be able to get my daughter from daycare (ride home, drop bike off, drive to daycare... The big dummy would fix most of this, just ride to daycare then home)
My daughter is 3 now and asks to ride every day after daycare... Makes me so proud!

I have been into both cars and bikes as long as I can remember, and I work in the auto industry (tech at chevy) so I kinda lust after both. Bike more than cars, but oh well