Old 02-16-19, 08:30 PM
fstrnu

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gregf83
I have no idea what you're saying. How can one deviate away from FTP? It's simply a measure of sustainable power for roughly an hour.
When you increase your power because your workouts are no longer hard enough, you are no longer basing power on %FTP but MSI. As long was you are performing your intervals at MSI, who cares what your FTP is? %FTP is garbage, especially above LT. You might need 105% FTP while I might need 120% FTP. But MSI is right for both of us. I see it all the time. People perform a poor test poorly and then wonder why their workouts are too easy or they can't complete them. It's because FTP is meaningless. MSI guarantees the right stimulus. But SW can't tell you what RPE is so people can't make money off it and people can't brag about getting good stimulus; just about what their FTP is or watts/kg. It's stupid.

My goals are to get back into racing this year. I know from past races my average and NP power for different types of races and I have a pretty good understanding of what I need to do to be competitive. I could never get there with your training program.
This is incoherent.

I have no idea who your audience is? Seasoned riders don't train like you do and new riders would soon quit if they stuck to the soul-crushing workouts you prescribe.
The average cyclist is an idiot. I'm not appealing to the masses.

Edit - I apologize for the above. I should not have singled-out cyclists and, regardless, this is cynical, unnecessary and not constructive.

Last edited by fstrnu; 02-16-19 at 09:45 PM. Reason: removing insults