Old 04-10-19, 06:33 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I guess I'm weird then. I don't mind training just to see what I can do. Doesn't have to be one my one of my pitiful low number of two races per year. It's just more fun to be fast. I can see and experience more on a ride (or a run) being faster or more capable.

How is a 1 mile jog around the same block any fun? Now if I can run a 10k no problem and venture out further or into parks/trails more.....more opportunity. Same on the bike. If a metric century is nothing, all sorts of local possibilities open up.

A new PR on a 1.5mi hilly neighborhood loop, same loop but as a 10mi route, PR's on the TT bike, hit up the mountains again sometime for some climb PR's, repeat a fondo for a PR on finish time, beat 2 hours on a duathlon, bag a top 10 on a really legit local segment.........etc....

I can entertain myself plenty.

In the car world of tuning imports, you learn real quick you will NEVER be the fastest. Both money and time input. Money to the car and time at the track. You get content with smaller goals or other fun targets instead.

That 1.8 4-cylinder was never going to make 800whp, but I got it close to 500whp on 93 octane.

Same with me on the bike. I won't ever be a P/1/2 racer, but I can certainly work towards breaking 22min for a 10mi TT, then 21.5. I'll likely never see 20min or less.

But, I've gotta try to break 23min first. I've broken 24.