Old 06-26-19, 04:32 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
Two and half weeks away from our hometown triathlon and I'm chomping at the bit. I feel good and strong. Of course last year I felt the same way but on race day I felt flat on the bike and didn't have a good race. But thanks to my Ironman, I was still able to place in my age group.

Last year I was at 186 lbs the whole season. This year I'm lighter (178 lbs) and only 3 lbs away from my race day weight loss goal. Last year I didn't do any training runs, this year I'm able to run with a knee elastic supporter and most runs I feel like I don't need it. Ultimately I want to be down to 165 lbs by my last triathlon of the season at the end of Oct. It's a half Ironman distance one. I'm already entered in that one.

Our local triathlon has 2 distances, a sprint and an Olympic distance. I've been keying on the Olympic one however I may be forced (by my wife) to do the sprint.

Today I run hill repeats before I head out on my bike ride using the Miami Vice. For some reason, no matter the weeks weather is, it's always hot and humid on Wednesdays. Leading to only do 20 to 22 miles on Wednesdays. The run hill repeats are a short quarter mile and takes about 3 min with moderate effort. I just started doing them beginning with 4 and adding 1 each week. Today will be 7 next week 8 then week of race no more. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do 12 before a 10k. The goal of the running hill repeats is to build strength Not speed. The strength gained is designed to handle the next phase of training for me SPEED. which usually means quarter mile repeats but I doubt my knee will appreciate/allow that.

I've decided this Sunday for my long ride I'll put the '89 wheels on my '88 Carbon Ironman. I really need to get used to it..."Time Don't wait for Nobody" as my Instructor was fond of saying.

Keep those freewheels spinning Irongents.
Good for you that the body is healed. The most important thing is getting to the starting line healthy. After that it's up to you.

This week is week 4 of 23 or 24 of Marathon Training Team for the fall marathon. Hill repeats start tomorrow. I will attempt to do the one time only double (for novice/casual runners) this year as the locals call it. The Richmond Marathon is mid November. The double is to do a marathon in September, October or November and do the Richmond also. The one I will do before Richmond is the Marine Corps Marathon in DC. My daughter's HS band actually performs on the course during the event. My wife will run the 10K then help with the band. I will see them at mile 17. Got to get out myself now and take a run.