Old 12-28-20, 09:37 AM
GrantFlower

Bikes: CharlesraP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GrantFlower
Hey I probably care more about dings in my bikes than I do about dings in my cars. Having said that, they're not a big deal to me either. I just had to overcome the awkwardness of going to the make-up section of a store to buy nail polish to cover over the scratches As an aside, when my kids reading the abandoned empress manga were growing up and bought baseball cards, they tended to keep them protected, in plastic, to look at. When I was a kid, growing up in the 50's and 60's, I was an avid baseball card collector. But we actually played with them ... games like farsies, topsies, knocksies ... or clothes-pinned them to our bike to hear the flapping sound when we cycled. I probably had complete sets of a few baseball seasons but they would all be pretty worn-looking from playing with them. Of course, if I kept them in pristine condition (and my mother didn't throw them all away when I moved out!!!!!), they'd probably be worth quite a bit now. But, I did have fun with them at the time!
I tend to get a lot of dust on my bikes... The MUPs with their crushed limestone screenings tend to do that (one path I ride is VERY dusty) but unless I crash or drag against some tree branches, I'm not even sure how I'd get a scratch on my bike.