Old 08-14-19, 01:32 PM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
This misses the point. In a group ride you should be going over and under the avg HR depending on how long and how often you pull. You can infer what I did because you know it's a group ride and you know you typically have time on front and time sitting in to average out.

I'm not arriving at the idea by thinking 158bpm is high. I'm arriving at that knowing it is an average of higher and lower numbers.

Even if they pulled half the entire ride, they'd have to be a good bit over 158 when pulling to bring the average up to 158 from the HR they were at sitting in.

Think about for a second if you assumed they only pulled for 1/4 of the ride how high their HR during a pull would have to be. Pretty darn high.

The only logical conclusion (to me) is either lots of pulling or having a hard go at it one way or another.
Nope. People are different:

Originally Posted by ksryder
This. Virtually every ride I do I have an average of 150-170 whether I hammer or spin. RHR is about 50 and max is 195. The older guys I sometimes ride with will have HR in the 130s on the same ride.