VeloSIRraptor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk
My answer was too short.
Funny, my answer was going to be shorter - "Don't"

MAYBE - if there aren't many others out training, and you talk to all of them, and they are all quite okay with it - maybe then.
The delta in speed between riders is usually the cause of accidents, and this seems to maximize that issue (risk), so I'd think it pretty much isn't worth it. Were I the other person out on the track, maybe were I doing pursuit efforts at the bottom and you were staying completely above blue....

dunno, my run up to my A race (and season) was almost wrecked two years ago when on a 400m track, it was me and one other guy, and he was doing just about this.
I was doing 30" on, 30" off efforts along the black line - and even on a very shallow, very wide track he still came down on me just I was entering T3 - I couldn't do hardly anything about it - the rear wheel of my bike came all the way off the ground at high speed - and I saw my season/collarbones/teeth flash before my eyes -
Somehow, and I have literally no idea how, I got it down and didn't fall - but it simply isn't a good situation.

Anyhow, I had a bad experience - it didn't have to be bad, but the consequences can be pretty nasty if things go wrong.