Old 09-05-15, 05:29 PM
quicktrigger

Bikes: Allez/Motobecane 427HT & Ti/Soma Custom Build

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by n0thing
quicktrigger - Has the carbon made an improvement on those types of roads? I ride on very similar roads where I live and I'm always looking for ways to help out my wrists (which have suffered from 10 years of bad posture at a desk job).

Nice looking bikes everyone!
Originally Posted by n0thing
quicktrigger - Has the carbon made an improvement on those types of roads? I ride on very similar roads where I live and I'm always looking for ways to help out my wrists (which have suffered from 10 years of bad posture at a desk job).

Nice looking bikes everyone!
Well I would the ride on the Sirrus was reasonable to begin with in comparison to the Allez. However for the Sirrus the handlebars helped dampen vibration some. The stem is still aluminium, so nothing there. Seatpost was not a major difference, if it projected further, then it would have been more. On the Sirrus, the biggest improvement was reducing the tire pressure in front, and then switching tires. The current tires (Gatorskins) ride better, but feel slower to me. Just the trade off. I run 32c tires, with 85 psi on front and 95 psi on the back.

As for the Allez, handlebars helped some. Same story on the seatpost. Tire pressure and slick tires helped as well. But by far the biggest improvement was a carbon fork. So carbon fork is now a requirement for future bike for me. THAT MUCH BETTER.

Undwrstand, I bought the cheap stuff cause I was interested in the ride and not the weight. Carbon fork as Nashbar. Carbon handlebars were Chinese (excellent quality) and the seatpost were cheap carbon from Amazon. All excellent quality. All factors together much improved my ride.

QT