View Single Post
Old 02-21-19, 11:01 AM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 266 Posts
Montana

Right now I’m using a Garmin Montana 610 for routing and tracks on the road and mountain bike. But for speed, distance and cadence information I mount out front an IGS 50 something. I looking to upgrade to one devise. The Edge 1030 will do more but the cost is steep. I noticed the newer Edge Explorer and it looks like it does more than what I have now. Anyone tried both? I use BaseCamp to keep my data so wondering if it will work too. These are on my wish list. I don’t have a power meter and don’t plan on springing for one.

-Show map map along with current speed and cadence. Some indication if ol slower or faster than average would be nice
-Able to upload tracks from BaseCamp to follow off-road
​​​​​-Collect average and maximum speed and cadence.

Edit: Reading and watching reviews the Explore looks pretty good. May be hard to justify the expense of a 1030. Just wonder how well it will switch from the road bike to the mountain bike. And is there enough memory for 3rd party maps. If they are needed.

Last edited by biker128pedal; 02-21-19 at 06:55 PM.