TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by rossiny
I was just wondering are cyclists the only ones who are aware of just how BIG of a problem we have on our hands?. ?? Consider the loop we are in? We rely on cars soo much for our economic engine
if we dont have cars our economy collapses💲💲💲, >>> if we have cars it is destroying our environment 🌏🌎🌍. Not only are cars such a curse on humanity but our day to day living is being ruined. When you are constantly sitting in a car for hours at a time polluting , and racing here and there , one has to question the sanity of humanity?? PS , think of all the other industries and jobs directly and indirectly related to the automotive industry, take road building in it of itself, the vast impact on earth.
Seems to be a particular problem out west, where we are attracted to those wide open spaces! A car in every driveway, amirite? Does it need to be a 400 HP rip snorting SUV though? 1 person in a car that can transport 8?

Here's a fun stat: I work AT HOME and I put 15-20,000 miles a year on my car. (and not for work reasons either). I just can't get my kid all the crazy places he needs to be on a bike. I'll drive downtown to pick him up ... 26 miles in lovely LA traffic can take an hour and a half. That right there is bikeable, especially with an e-bike. A nice tandem e-bike and I'm in the clover... if only there were places to ride the thing.