Old 04-19-19, 11:16 AM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts
We can all nod back and forth to each other in this cyclist's forum until our heads fall off, but Orangutan County and similar cultures will never change. Even though it's outlawed in California and there is even a hotline to report them, I still see idiots rolling-coal (aka conspicuous pollution) who state clearly they get a kick out of it precisely because it pi$$es the rest of us off.

I grew up in Chino, CA in the late 70's: 2nd and 3rd-stage smog alerts, we weren't permitted to play during recess because the smog was so bad; you'd get the tightness in your chest simply from walking home a mile after school; and even though the San Gabriel Mountains were less than 10 miles away, we didn't see them all summer.
Change takes time. I remember everyone *****ing about catalytic converters back then, but the smog has gotten better, even though there are easily twice as many cars on the road now.

IMO texting drivers are a bigger problem right now. All we can do is vote, and stay alive until things change. At least it's better than the time before catalytic converters.