ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Is it OK to laugh at this?

I once accidentally threw away a check for $1000 so I've really no right to laugh, but still...

Man, must have sucked at the moment you realized.

-Tim-
It is now. Wasn't really at the time.

It was in my pocket because I had driven to another town for a ride on a tandem with a blind friend.

Then we crashed, which was pretty much my fault, as the person who could see, but in fairness it was a gravel road and sometimes those ruts are pretty well camouflaged to look like the rest of the road and you don't see them until you're right on top of them, and you can't just bunny hop a tandem like you can a solo bike.

But still, it was my fault and I felt really bad because in addition to some pretty nasty road rash, my stoker separated his shoulder.

By the time we got hauled off the course, back in our vehicle, and made the hour-long drive to get back home, I'd forgotten about putting the computer in my pocket.

It's OK to laugh about now because everyone is in one piece and recovered so if the loss of a bike computer is the worst thing out of the deal then I'm OK with it.

I just emailed Wahoo and said "hey I'm a dumbass and here's what I did" and they said no problem and gave me a crash replacement discount code.

In conclusion, Wahoo's customer support continues to be top notch.