View Single Post
Old 02-26-17, 12:19 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Famous in the runner's world is Dr. George Sheehan with a quote...."We are each an experiment of one." It makes no difference what others eat, e.g.-some nothing for 50 miles and then only a bit of bird seed......... experiment for yourself by eating what you normally would for the effort you will be expending and adapt for the distances. I have a friend who stops for BBQ during 100 milers and if I did that I would puke.

First non stop 53 miles of yesterday's 114 miles began with breakfast of espresso, cinnamon Pop Tart, tortilla with almond butter and strawberries, Cliff Shot chocolate-cherry 100mg of caffeine. On bike bottles had Mtn. Dew Throwback and Crank Sports e-fuel and in pockets a banana, Crank Sports e-gel, another tortilla.

Back home for bike/kit change another espresso, blueberry Pop Tart, some dates then off with bottles replenished, almond butter tortilla, e-gels and some M&M Dark Chocolate Peanut candy

Two weeks ago for 307.8 miles of my 2017 Bike Sebring 12/24 Hour I also included Coke, McDonald's Egg McMuffins, Big Mac, regular M&M candy, Kosher Dill pickle wedges, Larabar-cashew/dates.

In my 2013 Ironman Florida I rode the 112 miles non stop with only water, e-fuel, e-gels, grabbed some bananas and orange wedges while riding through the fuel stops. Much greater effort so easily/quickly digest stuff.