View Single Post
Old 07-14-18, 12:24 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
Actually I was joking, I'm quite good financially, my son and I joke about when I need to "go" haha....but I don't want to live an impaired life, I've had a great one and am quite happy to die before I can't do the things I love. It will probably take the Julia Child diet a while to kill me, anyway. Different strokes (no pun intended) for different folks.
Your perspective reminds me of Pete Townshend's famous line from the song, My Generation, when he sings, "hope I die before I get old." I googled to see how old he is now, and I found this excerpt from an interview where he talks about his perspective on aging and death now. He stands by what he sang, but he seems to have gained some perspective to go with it. You could probably add LCF to the list of things to do to maintain youth and happiness while aging.
https://www.quora.com/Now-that-hes-o...fore-I-get-old
Death is not what is important in life, it is life itself. If you’re young and reading this, let me pass on to you the words of my teacher and master since 1967 Avatar Meher Baba, these are words that were beyond my comprehension when I was 24 years old:

"Don’t worry, be happy. Do your best and leave the results to God."

I think I understood the second part, because I thought then I knew what God was, or was not. But the first part? Don’t worry? Be happy? How do you do that? Get drunk? Take drugs? Meditate? Be a hippy? Go live in a cave? Laugh when someone beats you up and steals your bag? How is that possible? If you are 24, you have plenty of time to work it out. Trust me, in the end it becomes possible.