Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
They're in the J&B catalog, problem is that one has to keep a supply of them, just in case. The Chinese ones I was picking up about 10 years ago (with slightly domed heads) are excellent; haven't had any of them give trouble re-tightening.

Whatever metal Campagnolo was using, it can't take the stress. It's brittle and always snaps at the thread edge.

Suginos are my go-to. They look just like Campag and you'll find them on gas-pipe junkers on occasion. Always worth it to clean the rust off of them and re-use.

-Kurt

+1 on the Suginos Ive only broken a couple of the Campys the one I broke sounds like the chinese ones you mentioned. i have a few sitting around. But this is the bike had the most success with bit, and it deserves Campy, if not the best... I have looked unsuccessfuly for years, for a specific knurled seat post bolt, black anodised that I used back then. Funny it didnt sit flush in the socket, I don't even know if i would still like it. I think it was common on Teledynes too. though not black, maybe.

Has anyone ever used Plumber's Teflon Paste? It's very sticky for being having teflon in it, and has some sort of weird soft grit. I'll check it out tomorrow. But the grease down the tube, out. that post/tube combo was fine for over 40 years. Nope it wasn't broke... I sure fixed it, though.