View Single Post
Old 03-20-24, 11:06 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
Originally Posted by bike_tom
I decided it was high time to take the classic Fuji out for a ride, heading up the Minuteman to Depot Park right after lunch.
I normally don't ride the MM on the weekends during the high season, but I figured "heck, it still only the middle of March". It was pretty busy, but not as crazy as it will be in a month or so.
Here is an example of busy: crossing Great Rd inbound:
Another busy spot: Inbound passing behind Lexington Toyota:
Bikes! Dogs! Walkers!
I always try to be courteous when passing, but a couple of times I was passed, without warning, at high speed, with very little clearance. Thanks a lot hotshots!
Of course, there were plenty of peaceful moments. My green bike against a still very brown Arlington Great Meadows:
The Lexington Visitor's Center was a popular hangout for cyclists:
I chatted with some fellow cyclists at Depot Park - the Fuji drawing several compliments:
The final traffic jam was encountered approaching Water St Arlington:
Wow!
It was a great ride, but I will definitely be more cautious about choosing my riding times/destinations now that the weather is bringing out the throngs.
yikes! knew I shudda got more riding in this winter! maybe a ride after work won't be so bad, eh?
Likes For rumrunn6: