Old 07-30-20, 02:21 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Dylansbob
I'd seen that the Bianchi USA site was closing these framesets out for $100 and couldn't resist the urge. It seems these frames are rebadged San Joses, right down to the "Gitane" tubing sticker. Comes with a fairly nice loose-ball headset, but no cable hanger. I decided to go for a "French Fit" and purchased a 58cm for my 5'10" body.

I've only put a couple miles on it so far, I need to find a different bar setup. The 46 Cowchipper is too wide and a 42 traditional drop was too narrow. Currently wearing 42c Conti commuter tires (~1000g /pc), but looks to be room for a bit more. Total build weight is 22.5lbs, not horrible with the parts. I forgot to weigh the bare frame, but it didn't feel too bad. The fork felt every bit steel and is way stiffer than I had expected. I've been enjoying riding vintage conversions with really active forks, this one feels like a modern disc front-end. Very little movement.

great post I was eyeing that bike frame last week never pulled trigger.