Old 07-24-19, 06:31 AM
Ray9

Bikes: Cannondale six-13

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by jackb
The OP appears to be pissed off at something or other, thus the bitter tone of much of what he says. As another poster responded, who cares why you ride, and , by the way, who cares about your politics? If you have something to say, I would suggest that you say it in a civil voice if you care to have people listen. But, of course, you are free to say what you like, how you like, but why the bitterness?
Don’t confuse bitterness with outright anger. I worked with a woman for years who was told to stop smoking or she would lose her leg. She told them to take the leg. She was a Boomer who benefited from medical research and never had to face Polio or a host of other bacterial infections eradicated by modern medicine. She thumbed her nose at the research and paid the fiddler with a leg. She’s long gone just like the husbands of three of my sisters-in-law who are alone in their golden years. I am here for my wife because I hit the road every day and log miles on the safest roads I can find. At 72 I still get butterflies in my stomach as I prepare for the adventure ahead.

If sanctimony is your observation then acquainting yourself with reality may be a policy you should follow. I’m not the judge for these people, they are blissfully suicidal. They learned nothing from those who went before them. I follow Darwin.