Old 07-04-19, 12:57 PM
dueWest

Bikes: Huffy Superia (US made), 2018 Giant Roam 3 Disc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
That sounds really resourceful! Do you have a closer picture of that?
Basically was able to determine from bike fitting sessions the pain was only under full flexion right at the top of the stroke. I have misalignment issues in both my left hip and foot, along with a shortened left leg, so my knee takes a beating. I have seen other swing arm crank sets, but didn't want to plink down that much money without any guarantee it would work for me. However, $50-60 worth of parts I would sacrifice some cash for. I found two left crank arms on ebay for $20 shipped, and bought some assorted bearings, shoulder bolts, etc to build what I needed. The crank arms had already been shortened to around 135mm, so I tried one by itself with a little benefit, so made a crude jig to hold them true while I drilled out one to accept a roller bearing along with removing the upper part of it with my band saw, drilled and tapped the other one, put the shoulder bolt through a thrust bearing, through the roller bearing pressed into the second crank, through a second thrust bearing, then thread it into the main arm attached to the crank.

Likes For dueWest: