Old 01-21-21, 12:39 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by Flatballer
So I've been playing my guitar again for a couple weeks, and singing some.

And of course I'm immediately looking at audio interfaces and mics so I can record stuff for my wife...

Because I can't possibly just play guitar for a while without spending $600 on equipment. I'm dreaming of a MOTU M4 audio interface and a couple decent condenser mics so my wife and I can both record mics and guitars at the same time in the future.

Plus it gets me a midi in out so we could use our piano or I could get tones in and out of my Flextone amp.
Personally, I just use a behringer um2 audio interface and just use amp sims on my PC. I don't even own an amp right now. Then again, I have about as bottom of the barrel stuff as you can get, I have a $30 fender starcaster acoustic, a no-name strat copy that was $35 new on ebay, and a used harley benton les paul copy I got used for $30 (this one is by far my favorite, I used to have an epiphone les paul in my 20's which I sold to buy camera gear, but I loved that thing). I've been playing higher gain rock, and I have some free amp sims (amped roots being one of them) that I really like. I'd check out neural DSP, they make a lot of high quality stuff, it's kind of aimed at higher gain folks, but there's a lot of versatility with the tones.