View Single Post
Old 04-22-15, 03:02 PM
Mindcrime

Bikes: 2018 Diamondback Podium Equipe Dura Ace Disc, 2013 Felt z85 (now a frankenbike,) 1994 Serotta Colorado TG, 1999 Lemond Buenos Aires, 2017 State Undefeated II Track Bike, 2005 Litespeed Tuscany project

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not a terribly useful tip I've worked in Greenspoint at various locations (Oil and Gas companies are all over the area), and can bring my bike inside at work. I'm also originally from Chicago, and Greenspoint aint got nothing on the south or west side. Traffic and unsafe roads, not a slightly rough neighborhood, is my worry. Very few surface streets that connect, and the ones I'm aware of are 1-2 lanes with no shoulder and lots of southbound traffic in the AM (less concerned about the PM ride home.) I can get down to about Cypresswood Dr safely, but then I have to hop on Louetta or Cypresswood to head west across 45 as there aren't any surface connectors there to the east side. If I cut to the west side of 45 further north, like I mentioned, Holzworth is the only surface street that goes through. Its one of the things I don't like about Houston, its a bunch of planned communities that didn't bother to connect with each other, and when they go back and connect them later, its poorly planned and executed. Drives me nuts, I'm 12 miles from work, perfect distance, and not a darn way to do it.