View Single Post
Old 02-01-19, 12:42 PM
guythatbrews

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
What to wear to stay warm is pretty personal. And for me hard to find anywhere close to try on which can be frustrating! Kinda a crap shoot when buying as sizing with cycling clothes is all over the board.

FWIW the 45 NRTH stuff is great. Pricey so i diligently look for used. Wish they would offer some hi viz stuff for gray winter days on the road.

Wolhammers are great. Got gently used pair for $95. Size 45 which is a definately on the small side for me but works fine with medium weight sock. I wear 11.5 medium or d street shoe. 45.5 would be ideal if offered. Foot bed fits me great. Could be more grippy busted my hindquarters on some ice.

The naughtvind jacket great too. Love the offset front zip, generous tall neck, and pit zips. Used like new $175. Size M and I'm on my way from 200# to 170 or 175. 6'0" Right now L would be better but I get by rather sausage like with the M so definitely much more generous sizing than euro team gear. So far down to 6F for an hour with two light long sleeve base layers no worries. Add a heavier second base layer for colder.

Barmitts extreme cold also great. With the vent zips they cover a wide temp range with just light or no gloves or summer gloves. I like the gloves for a nose wipe. Fleece lining so no raw neoprene on your hands. And cheaper than high end gloves. Your hands will ABSOLUTELY stay warm.