Steely Dan
born again cyclist

Bikes: I have five of brikes

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 31 Posts
Injuries of stupidity that have kept you off the bike

we were at a friends house for a backyard BBQ over the weekend.

in one of my trademark moments of monumental stupidity, i transferred red hot burning coals in a starter chimney from my friends weber grill to his smoker in bare feet (we were all hanging out around his pool).

unknown to me, one of the coals fell out the bottom of the chimney and onto the concrete patio. after dumping the coals into the smoker, i turned around to set the chimney back on the weber and i stepped directly onto the glowing red coal with the ball of my foot.

H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the coal cinders burned into the skin on the bottom of my foot, i couldn't shake 'em off. so in extreme agony, i hopped on one foot over to the pool and jumped in.

after the immediacy of the intense pain subsided, my first thought was "goddamnit, this means i'm not gonna be able to bike commute for a while".

now i have a nice blister the size of a ping-pong ball on the bottom of my foot. the interwebs said 2nd degree burns like this usually stake about 2 weeks to heal.

so how about you? ever done something really, really dumb that resulted in not being able to bike commute for a while?
Likes For Steely Dan: