Old 09-21-14, 02:35 AM
boomhauer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by User1
Hello all,

What I'm looking for is a good traveling (bikepacking) solar panel. I'd like to get something that has an output like a good AC USB output would have. I would even go with 2.4amps if I knew that it would adjust if less amps are needed. I would definitely consider something that has two USB ports, but not mandatory. The panel should be shaped more rectangle than a square. Something that would fit on my bike rack with panniers, or even hanging from my backpack when either riding or hiking.

I was looking at dx.com today and found this panel. This is what I was thinking of. I do have 3 batteries that I'm thinking would be used for this panel, if it works out better that way.

All the pieces I have so far are;

- Nexus 7 pad
- Phone (not sure yet what that will be)
- Cygolite (360 lumens)
- Cygolite Hotshot
- USB powered SteriPEN water purifier
- Various batteries, Goalzero Switch, and two of these sticks
- There maybe other items I either would need in the future or I've yet to list. So one or two other units for the future.

I assume I'll be pulling into camp at times where there is AC power available. So if you know of a good AC powered USB charger, please do share!

Thanks for reading this and any and all replies are most welcomed.
You (and Al Gore) are living in a dream world. You might consider a dynohub, instead.