Old 09-22-14, 07:32 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3452 Post(s)
Liked 1,452 Times in 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
No camera?
No GPS?
No bike lights?
No flashlight or headlamp for use in the campground?
Originally Posted by User1
No camera? - my Nexus 7
No GPS? - my Nexus 7
No bike lights? - Cygolite (360 lumens) and Cygolite Hotshot
No flashlight or headlamp for use in the campground? - Cygolite Metro, there are some pretty good setting on this. The one good for walking and stuff is really pretty low.

I did have someone suggest this wall charger that I'm thinking of seriously. The item in your pic is something similar to what I have. The one I have is a little bit bigger, but it charges alkaline batteries too.
If a tablet camera is adequate for your needs, great.

I prefer to have my GPS on my handlebar for constant use. I can't do that with a 7 inch tablet. My tablet and smartphones I have used have too dark a screen to see in sunlight, I want a dedicated GPS.

I have no idea what a Cygolite is, so if that serves your light needs, great.

If everything you have is charged by USB, that looks like a good charger.

Part of my point was that other than my tablet, everything I use has batteries that I can change to keep them operational until I get to an outlet to do more charging. That includes my lights, vintage flip phone, GPS and camera. That is a key reason that I can go over a week without charging anything.

If you use a USB to charge everything, that makes a dynohub even better. I do not know if you would be able to charge more than one device at a time or not, but if you can charge something every minute you are rolling, that is pretty useful. Unfortunately, upgrading to a dynohub is pretty costly.

One more suggestion, bring a long charging cord. I have sat in restaurants with my tablet plugged into an outlet while I am checking e-mail, forecast, etc. It was nice to have a 5 foot long cord between my tablet and the outlet.

Last edited by Tourist in MSN; 09-22-14 at 07:37 AM.