Old 09-16-15, 08:12 AM
Paul J

Bikes: 1980's Spectrum 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, 1990 Eddy Merckx 10 sp Campagnolo Centaur, Bushnell Tandem, Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by StephenH
Photos of the bike loaded in my Ford Transit Connect.
Rear piece of wood has a slot cut to hold the front tire, keeps the wheel from rolling sideways in the car, keeps the bike from moving lengthwise in the car.
Front piece of wood just keeps the tire from moving side to side. I meant to add stops to keep it from rolling, but the slot at the front wheel seems to work for that just fine.
One cord going to the seat is a bungee cord, the other is a rope with a hook on it.
The bike seems very secure for normal driving, I wouldn't expect it stay in place in rollover or anything, though.
I've got about an inch between the handlebar and the rear window.
The rear wheel isn't in the way except I can bump with my elbow when I reach for a drink in the center drink holder if I'm not careful.
Stephen, if you take the front wheel off, and use a fork quick-release mount, would the handle bar interfere with the rear door? We've been talking about a set-up like this as our dealer has one of the passenger version. I was thinking I'd have to take both wheels off to fit straight in. Looks good!