View Single Post
Old 02-17-18, 03:36 PM
rseeker

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 104 Posts
I went through painful PF about four years ago but it's better now. The solution for me was 1) custom orthotics (cork-rubber blend) which I move from shoe to shoe so I'm always using them 2) increasing all my shoe sizes so they're big enough for the orthotics and a couple extra layers of padding and 3) calf/Achilles/PF stretching exercises.

I usually wear 11 1/2, and this brought me up to a size 13. I had to replace all my footwear, which was not cheap! Good thing my feet aren't any bigger or I'd have trouble finding shoes to fit.

There's a door between the house proper and the garage, with steps leading down into the garage. I just walk down a couple steps, turn around and face the door, grab the doorknob to hold me up, then do 20 calf raises and dips on the edge of the step. I do the stretching every day, or just about. It's a habit now. I have other stretches that I do for my legs and back, which I imagine helps a little too, keeping the whole action chain loose.

I'm essentially pain free, except for the very occasional twinge. I hope this helps you.