View Single Post
Old 02-18-19, 01:09 AM
Jono_sk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gravel Bike. Haanjo 7c or Norco Search

Looking to get into gravel racing and riding. And maybe the ultimate one bike to rule them all. I come from a road and cyclocross background. Never been on a mountain bike. Hoping to use this bike for a even mix of road and gravel and maybe even a few cross races. I know I'll be sacrificing some handling, but the cross is more for fun, even if I am competitive and want to push hard and try to podium.
Did a gravel race on a cross bike and enjoyed the experience. But I want to upgrade from mechanical disc brakes to hydraulic and also to thru-axles.
Looking at the Haanjo 7c with ultegra and the Norco Search ultegra or Norco Search XR ultegra. The Haajo seems way cheaper and value for the money. A little lower components outside of the groupset, which is the main think. But I don't know the quality of the carbon. Anyone ridden one? Flex or weakness in the frame? Also the standover height seems outrageously tall. Is it right or incorrect? And the reach is short.
The Search seems great minus clearance for 35mm tires.
Search XR has that with the room for 700x45mm. Plus a bunch of mouns and stuff that I probably don't plan to fully utilize. Not thinking of getting into bikepacking
So, what size tires do most recommend for gravel riding and racing? Will I feel limited by the Search's 35mm max?
​​​​​​Should I go with the Search XR or the Haanjo 7c?