Old 04-23-19, 11:41 PM
Nebell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
If you're used to riding 75 km per day, it must be on a relatively light road bike. Seems like a heavy fat bike is the opposite direction for longer distance travel. Assuming SE is Sweden; look at Stromer and build a similar bike which will be possible for much less with a DIY conversion.
I'm not used to it. That was a few times back in summer 2018.

Originally Posted by linberl
Just a couple considerations. Real world usage: divide watt hours by 20. That will give you a very realistic range. Weight matters because heavier bikes use more power faster. Unless you can do electric work on your bike yourself, consider getting something with a warranty that will actually be fulfilled by a reputable vendor and one where you aren't shipping a heavy bike back to the manufacturer. You might save some money now, but it could cost you dearly later. Of course, if you can rip apart battery packs, solder, and have all kinds of electric tools, then no problem. Personally, based on your stated needs, I would suggest you consider a good cargo bike and fit a quality electric kit to it.
I'm pretty sure that the vendor would either send me a new part or refund me.
I have bought a lot, a lot of stuff from both Aliexpress and Ebay and this is how it usually went.

Correct I'm from Sweden. And talking about Swedish design, what do you guys think about Stark bikes?
I still can't post links, but I found a nice bike on Ebay.co.uk
Search for Stark Drive City Fat Tire Folding Electric Bike 36V 500W EU 45kph Hidden 17AH
No throttle on that one though. But I'm somewhat fit considering I bike about 5km each work day and am active besides that. But it would be nice to sometimes just go lazy mode.