Old 05-14-19, 07:13 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3773 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 790 Posts
This study is pointless for most of us, since it focuses on infrastructure with cycleways.

There are a bunch of people around here on bikes and every time I see one, they're doing something wrong; mostly they're running stop signs/lights or their head is not on a swivel -- they're suffering from a severe case of tunnel vision.

However, I'm not saying that motorist are the better operators of their vehicles, it's just that it's at a point where asking the question, "Who's the better operator?" is pointless.

I actually do break more road rules as a motorist, mostly by speeding, which I believe is the rule most commonly broken. Is there anyone here who is going to claim that they drive at the speedlimit all the time while driving in their steel cages? I'm not including on residential roadways -- I never speed there, but on the open roadways....

BTW, one thing I do on the roads in my truck is to take my foot off the gas when I see the light change to red and I know I'm pissing off a lot of other motorists, because they all have to change lanes (or tail-gate me) in order to pass me, only to get to stop at the red light a few seconds before me